Allon Barsam is one of the UK’s leading, independent laser eye surgeons.
For Allon Barsam and his team, vision correction is our great passion. We perform highly-advanced, complex procedures, allowing us to offer patients fully customised options including cataract surgery with premium lenses.
As a surgeon-led practice based in the Harley Street area of London and with an additional location in Hertfordshire, we provide state-of-the-art, personalised laser eye surgery and cataract surgery.
See just how much you could save by getting LASIK eye treatment.
Answer a few simple questions and discover how cost-effective LASIK could be for you compared to your current eye care routine.
The Benefits of Laser Eye Surgery
Allon Barsam performs all surgery, and he and his team will personally meet with all patients for an initial consultation, where he will determine your suitability for a procedure and advise on a personalised treatment plan. Our personal service, combined with our tailored approach to treatment and customer care means Allon and his team will look after you every step of the way.
Laser Eye Surgery in London and Hertfordshire
Mr Barsam is one of only a handful of Consultant Surgeons in the UK who is dual fellowship trained in:
This unique training allows him to tailor specific treatment options to the individual needs of his patients and has inspired him to develop the Vision Care For All Ages system for this purpose, providing a range of treatments for several eye conditions.
Allon Barsam has a world recognised reputation for combining state of the art technology with superb technical microsurgical skills. As a NHS consultant, he has set up and now runs a tertiary centre of excellence in the treatment of complex front of the eye disorders, where over half of his patients are sent to him from other eye surgeons due to his unique surgical expertise.
WHY ALLON BARSAM?
- Allon Barsam is one of the UK’s leading, independent vision correction surgeons, practicing in the Harley Street area of London alongside additional locations in Hertfordshire.
- Over 15 years’ experience and an international reputation for excellence in vision correction surgery.
- We believe our results to be the best in the UK. 100% of our patients with common prescriptions see 20/20 or better with both eyes. 90% of our patients see 20/16 or better. 85% of our patients see some, if not all, letters on the 20/12 chart – the pinnacle of human vision and often significantly better vision than the vision that glasses or contact lenses provide.
- We use the latest laser technology and are recognised for superb technical microsurgical skills.
- We are proud of our 9.9 rating on Trustpilot – the highest achievable score. Indeed we are the only independent surgeon comprehensive vision correction practice in the UK to have achieved this.
- Treatment plans are tailored to the needs of each individual patient.
- Mr Barsam is a true leader in the ophthalmic industry, performing surgery using the very latest technology and newest and safest techniques. Allon performed the very first lens implant surgery in England to treat a cataract sufferer whose cornea was an irregular shape using an IC-8™ intraocular Lens.
- Mr Barsam has an internationally recognised US fellowship in laser eye surgery, lens based vision correction and advanced cataract surgery. He is so experienced, that should a patient be unsuitable for standard laser treatment, he can advise and perform alternative treatments.
- Mr Barsam carries out all surgery and he and his team handle all initial consultations. Allon and his team are with you every step of the way and offer truly personal and customised service to all our patients.
- All our aftercare treatment is handled personally by Allon Barsam’s handpicked team of experts.
- Allon Barsam regularly treats other surgeons including several consultant eye surgeons, doctors, optometrists and members of their families, as well as military fighter pilots and other elite military personnel and elite athletes.
Mr Barsam is an internationally recognised expert and has published scientific papers, book chapters and textbooks on Cornea, Cataract and Vision Correction Surgery.
Allon Barsam is an invited reviewer for the major international journals in his field and is a member of the editorial board for Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today Europe and the World Journal of Ophthalmology.
An Industry Leader
Allon Barsam has been selected by the industry and his peers as an innovator and key opinion leader in the field of vision correction and laser eye surgery. He was the first British Ophthalmologist in the world to carry out Laser Cataract Surgery and he is regularly invited to speak and lecture internationally in order to teach other surgeons about the latest techniques.
He works with various industry representatives to help design and refine surgical and diagnostic technology, allowing for the safest and most effective treatment options for eye conditions available anywhere in the world.
Mr Barsam has carried out thousands of eye surgeries including refractive, cataract and corneal transplant procedures. Allon himself also underwent laser eye surgery several years ago and therefore has a complete understanding of the patient’s perspective.