Mr. Allon Barsam
Laser Eye Surgeon, Mr Allon Barsam, has trained in world recognised international centres of excellence. He graduated from Cambridge University and University College London Medical Schools with Honours and a Distinction in Surgery. His residency training was at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London. He then completed a one year fellowship in New York where he worked closely with two of the US founding fathers of modern Cornea, Cataract and Laser Vision Correction Surgery. Allon Barsam followed this with an additional Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery Fellowship at the Western Eye Hospital in London.
Published 30+ peer reviewed scientific papers, 8 book chapters and is the co-author of a comprehensive textbook of Ophthalmology
Allon Barsam has a world recognised reputation for combining state of the art technology with superb technical microsurgical skills.
With an excellent satisfaction rate, Allon Barsam has enhanced the lives of many satisfied customers and continues to use his expertise to educate others at the prestigious Microsurgical Skills Teaching Faculty.
Over the last 9 years, Allon Barsam has been carrying out research for a Doctorate in Medicine at the University of Cambridge on Keratoconus and safety in Laser Vision Correction. He has published over 30 peer review scientific papers, eight book chapters and is the co-author of a comprehensive textbook of Ophthalmology which is used by Ophthalmologists around the world.
A Global Reputation
- Allon Barsam is a sought-after laser eye surgeon and surgical teacher and is a member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists’ prestigious Microsurgical Skills Teaching Faculty.
- He has been a clinical examiner and lecturer for City University’s School of Optometry..
- He is on the Executive Board of the London Deanery and has been the lead instructor for a video-based instructional course in refractive anterior segment surgery at both the American and European Societies of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
- With a widespread reputation as a top eye surgeon, Allon Barsam is regularly invited to speak, chair and moderate research sessions nationally and internationally.
- Mr Barsam is a member of the Council for the Royal Society of Medicine Ophthalmology section. They are responsible for providing and promoting accredited educational study of best practice in Ophthalmology.
- In 2018, Allon Barsam was selected to join the CertLRS Examinations Subcommittee of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, working with the college to continue to safeguard standards in refractive surgery.