Vision Correction and Laser Eye Surgery in St Albans
Allon Barsam is a world class ophthalmic surgeon and consultant, performing laser eye surgery and other cutting-edge procedures across the UK in Hertfordshire and London.
As a consultant at the local Spire Bushey and Spire Harpenden hospitals, Mr Barsam treats patients for a range of eye conditions using the latest in vision correction technology.
Allon Barsam is dedicated to achieving the best results for his patients. Mr Barsam offers the following vision correction procedures at the Spire Hospitals:
Laser eye surgery
Allon Barsam is a highly experienced laser eye surgeon, having performed countless procedures using the latest laser vision correction technology. Mr Barsam offers several types of laser eye surgery at his clinics, and can advise patients which procedure is best suited to their individual needs.
- LASIK: Using a Z-LASIK laser with unrivalled speed and accuracy, LASIK is a technologically advanced form of laser eye surgery that is quick, safe, painless and effective.
- LASEK: For patients unsuited to LASIK, Mr Barsam performs Advanced Surface Ablation using LASEK lasers.
- Relex Smile: The Relex Smile procedure is a safe and high-precision alternative to LASIK.
Other vision correction procedures
Allon also offers a number of alternative surgical operations to help improve vision and eye health:
- Cataract surgery. Mr Barsam was the first surgeon in the world to perform the cutting-edge femtosecond laser cataract surgery Depending on the patient’s needs, manual cataract surgery or laser-assisted cataract surgery are both available at the Spire hospitals.
- Corneal transplant surgery. This highly skilled form of keyhole surgery can transform a patient’s vision. With only a small part of the cornea being replaced, the procedure has a lower risk than traditional corneal transplants.
- Lens implant surgery. Implanting an intraocular lens (IOL) is an alternative to laser eye surgery that provides permanent vision correction for suitable patients. Phakik IOL is particularly suited to patients under 45 who suffer from dry eyes or other contraindications to laser vision correction.
A surgeon at the height of his profession
As a member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Allon Barsam is a highly qualified ophthalmic surgeon who takes the time to understand every patient’s unique needs. With a wealth of impressive experience including a residency at Moorfields Eye Hospital and Fellowships in cornea, cataract and laser eye surgery, Mr Barsam is a sought-after consultant working at the height of his profession.
Mr Barsam’s qualifications include Distinctions in Surgery from Cambridge University and University College London Medical Schools. He has worked in the UK and USA with leading experts in the field, has researched keratoconus and safety in laser vision correction, and is a specialist teacher and popular speaker in the field of ophthalmology.
Booking a consultation
If you are seeking a laser eye surgery treatment in the St Albans area, please feel free to contact a member of our team today. For those patients based closer to the city, Mr Barsam also performs ophthalmic surgery at two locations in London, the Focus Clinic near Harley Street and the Wellington Hospital.